Thursday, January 23, 2014

#8 510 the sliders project

My frustration lasted bout 4 months or so and ive decided to get the car a proper tune up and maybe i can drive it like it was in its glory days.

The engine in the car is a L18 engine from Datsun 180k. Ive got rip off by the guy who sold me that engine. It got no forms.. So how can i get it endorse? He didnt answer my calls/message. Plus the engine was in a bad shape. It all happened at the same time. So ive spent couple of more dough on this engine which is a genuine 510 sss L16 engine with twin carb.. all the way 300km to the south

Time to remove the old wanker

Meanhwile i bought her new shoes. And i repaired the brake problem again for the fourth time or so.

So the new engine is in. The whole process also took like 3 months. So as you all can see this car spent lots of time parking than on the road. But finally i got it running smoothly, carbs okay. Wiring done, the engine looks a tad tidier than before.. 'tidier' is that even a word?

Back on its own feet with new shoes

Installing Hakosuka style spoiler

REMUS style exhaust twin tip. Which really really suit the car. Sounds okay too

Looks tougher than before. It looks like a wuss before :p

This is for my next project

Ive always admired the looks of a Datsun 510

Especially the back. It looks rather special

And to drive it again is a joy! a huge excitement and a whole lot of fun!

All functioning well, the engine is okay. The ride needs a bit of tweaks. Other than that, fabulous!

Unfortunately i NEED to sell this car. I love this car and its a shame that i have to let go this dime but i have lots more to fund and this car is such a waste for me to let it rot. And for that im searching for an enthusiast to take care of this car and the price is only RM7700 NEGO. Interested just hit me up at 019 3.4.1.6.9.6.1

4 comments:

  1. Nice ride! Too bad you're selling it. If i could import that beauty i would. I'm starting my restoration project on my datsun 510 sedan, if you have any parts you want to sell, please email me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! good luck on your project. you can contact/browse through my facebook as sometime i may post some 510 parts maybe from me or maybe on behalf of my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can i have a link to your facebook? Or your facebook account name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can view on the right of my homepage. or you can search my name "chinoise dori"

    ReplyDelete