Tuesday, November 1, 2011

#14 Celica/510 update

This project is a bit interesting to me. The project between my 510 and my Celica is kinda meet up at some point. And that point is here, since i only update about the 2tg in my 510 thread, now im going to update it in my Celica thread instead because later on it will be going into my Celica.

So the story is i wanted to convert the engine from my Datsun 510 which is the 2TG back to my Celica. Im not much into originality, but the original engine from GT model Celica is a rare stuff.

And good looking too. (Dont mind the writing and the color of the engine)

And me too is not that much into rare things. But since i got it from my 510, and its also a suitable candidate with a twin cam, OHC instead of pushrod , crossflow , twin weber and most importantly easy to install and not a hassle to endorse, so its gonna be my future power plant.

4AGE has always been my favorite engine , it was also one of my option for the Celica. But the plan was cancelled due to more financial acquires to convert as i had to do more wiring, more modifications and more headache!

Well as a big time project, i've decided to rebuild the engine. From top to bottom.

So im gonna need some parts and listing of stuffs need to be done

For the engine
-2TG Overhaul Gasket
-Intake manifold (right now its only an adaptor)
-Carb Linkage
-New fuel hose
-New velocity stack
-Service the Weber
-Refurbish the extractor
-Carbon brush alternator
-Carbon brush starter
-Service air cond compressor
-New cable plug
-New coil
-New spark plug
-New belt
-3 Layer rad and samco hose
-Electric fan
-Modified the distributor and delete the igniter
-Clean the block and color it to make it more flashy

There is a plan to rebore it to 2000cc but thats just too much and i think to make it stock ismuch more easier and reliable.



For the transmission

-Overhaul the gearbox (gonna need overhaul set)
-Count the ratio and hope to find a shorter ratio
-Skim the flywheel
-New clutch, pressure plate, diaphragm, pump cover..etc ( T50 gearbox - same as 4AGE tranny)
-Service the rear axle
-Count ratio of axle and find the final drive
-Maybe try to weld the crown gear


Sounds like a plan. And whole lot of it, but all i can do is hope for the best and do the best as i will do everything on my own. I will update more about it soon, and tomorrow will start overhaulin the transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment