Monday, July 4, 2011

Time to Tar

Got some spare time to do this stuffs.

Its rather important to do it if u want your car to survive from the rust.

With my tight budget. My plan to undercoat is not going to happen, so instead. im going to leave it with bare metal and send it to paint shop later.


So i sprayed with 'rust stop' inside the fender


Jcked up the rear tires



Its filthy and rusty



So i grind em.



transform a tar like this



to bare metal.. but fortunately, there is no rust and holes.



But the wire brush grinder doesnt look good on my hands.

(SELF REMINDER: SHOULD USE GOGGLES, GLOVES AND LONG SLEEVE WHEN HANDLING A GRINDER)



So i use this Hammerite as a tar in my wheel well. Cost RM55 a can and needs atleats 2 cans to cover the whole undercarriage



So cautiously i paint it using a brush



It looks stunning.



And i use some special ingredients to make this effect



It looks nicer and protects my body for atleast another 3 years



While waiting for the paint to dry. I install the signal marker




Some new screws



atleast better than nothing




And i jacked up the car again.



I remove the tank



So i get a better space at the rear. Making it easier to do my job



So first up, i had to grind the undercarriage. And that is some challenge job as i had to work while laying on the floor and covered with dirt.



But the works pays off.



And i bought this 'RUST STOP' for my previous KE30. As i have to save my budget, i have to use this to cover the hammerite.



The problem is.. Its red.



But is suits well. And its not only serve as a protective layer, it also contains aesthetic appeal on the undercarriage. But if its too bright, its not a big problem as no one will see the underneath of the car



While i was underneath, i spotted some rusts below the speaker board.



So i grind it and paint it.



Ill update more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment