Thursday, July 14, 2011

510 the SLIDERS

So a day after i sold my E30. I bought this.

A proper olskool Datsun 510 SSS


Is it too old? I dont care.. Is it hideous? I dont care. As long as i like it, then no other opinion will change the facts that i like cars like this. Otherwise, why should i sell my BMW E30?


A thing that i must do when i bought a car. Clean the interior.


Remove the back seat and vacuum the old dirts.



and look at the heart :)



I changed the bushings for the front.



I bought this car couple of weeks before OMG. So i prep this car especially for OMG, so this car spent a lot of time in the workshop rather than at my house.



So i changed the exhaust



I also changed all the studs and nuts to prevents horrific incident when i drive to PD. I also add a layer of spacers.





I managed to spray the grills and other chrome parts.



Couple of days from OMG. I also changed the brake servo to a B310 servo and a EVO masterpump. It brakes rather well, but unfortunately my caliper is not good enough. Since there's not enough time to change the caliper, i had to lower the braking power by adjusting the screws at the back of the brake pedals, otherwise i'll jammed up the calipers.





It was a busy week. So i didnt capture any of the pics.


But my car reached OMG safely without any trouble.



And with a day left to improve the enhancements of the car, it looks like this.



I call it a project "SLIDERS"



cheers

1 comment: