Thursday, June 2, 2011

Charming Obermaier

A year. That is not a long time, but between me and this car... its rather a long time.

I had good memories in this car , but i also had a bad memories with this car.

It has a lot of personality... this is a car that gives me a lot of attention, a car that makes me smile a lot... and a car that also..
Burns My Wallet. A LOT...

You guessed it, it is indeed.. a BMW.




This old baby bimmer had been on many hands, one of it was Awie, a local rock singer/actor.

It was then sold to a BMW Club president, it was perfected with many new entertainment stuffs at that time.


The story continues when a businessman bought this car. As time passed, he left the car and rarely driven it aswell, the reason? This car always spent the time at workshop... and spent a lot of money too.

And it was then abandoned....



I always had a soft spot for E30's.

But when it was put up for sell, i immediately fall in love.

With this beauty Obermaier..



I bought it off with an awful looking interior, and the engine seems like it needs attention.

The car just lost it charms.



So i managed to restore the car slowly with small budget. It now has a refurbished front and rear seats, new door card and centre console, new carpets, sorted out electrical wirings and some ICE to spice things a lil bit.




And 1 thing i learnt about this model is. The parts is expensive! and some is kinda hard to find..



This is a consequences of lowered cars in Malaysia... The culprit is a H&R Sport springs and BOGE absorber. I then burned the springs to make it lower.. but then, it also burned my front bumper...


The 15x9.5 also didnt help




But it still makes me smile whenever i drive this car..



Couple of months passed, i changed the front bushings with M3 Offset bushings, i also opted for a new lower arm and ball joint. The ride improved immediately, it is a lot firmer, and absorbs bumps a bit less brutal.


And extra features with offset bushings is the toe in and camber. And i dont know why, the car's getting a bit lower.. and it was scraping the road real bad!





The ///M pedals reminds me of the power that i have to control... but still, i threw myself a lot at the corner with this car.



This MoMo knob also helps, it makes my manual gear changes a lot more exciting



But i feel confident even when i drive at high speed, BMW owners should know why. Even the emblem itself gives you confident to push it.



Is it really that fast?



Well even my keychain salute to it..



M20B25. 6 Cylinder with port and polish, open pod air filters.. thats pretty much it. Owh, and just recently re-chipped ECU.



Owning a BMW is such a different experience, the raw power and the technology itself adores me. It is an exciting experience owning this beauty. It's not that hard to maintain it, you just have to know where to get the parts, and with some experience.. you'll have a perfect bimmer in no time.




But its time for me to move on to another chasis.


Call me at 012 360 7210 if interested

No comments:

Post a Comment